- Courtesy demands observation of the following guidelines within the ULRC premises:
a. No smoking and eating
c. No loitering and littering
d. Deactivate cellular phones or put them in ”Silent “ Mode
- Persons using the ULRC must comply with the rules and regulations of its various sections.
- Eating, smoking, shouting, and other disturbances are forbidden in all parts of the ULRC.
- The ULRC is a quiet place for study and research, therefore, students are discouraged from using the ULRC as a dating place. “Public Display of Affection” (PDA) is not allowed.
Use of laptops
- Laptops are allowed to be used inside the ULRC for academic purposes.
- Laptop users should work alone silently.
- When students huddle around a laptop user, the use of the laptop in the ULRC shall be stopped.
Use of other electrical devices
- Using extension cords/devices is not allowed inside the ULRC.
- Charging cellphones, i-pods, batteries and other electrical devices is forbidden in all parts of the ULRC.
Use of computers and computer devices or paraphernalia.
The following are strictly forbidden:
- Accessing pornographic websites.
- Playing games and other similar programs.
- Connecting brought-in computer devices to any of the computers of the ULRC.
- Cases of dishonesty, defacement and damaging of ULRC property are covered by the SMU Student Handbook which provides disciplinary action.
- Persons who take out learning resources without permission shall be dealt with appropriate disciplinary action.
- Only the University President or the Director of the ULRC have the right to change any of these rules.